Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Kitchen Renovation

We kicked off our preparations for getting the house ready to sell.  The first was the kitchen, Vernon put in our back splash quite a while ago, and then the task of choosing a paint color was unending.  One day I went to Home Depot and just picked a color, came home and painted part of the wall between the cabinets & counter top.  I decided I needed a lighter color, so went back and bought another gallon a couple shades lighter.  Came home & painted next to the first test.  I went with the first one, (darker).  Not to worry, I will be using the other gallon of the lighter one in another room.  We bought a cabinet restoration kit, cabinet hardware, etc.  Vernon put in all new switches & electrical outlets, and covers, we put in a new ceiling fan, which goes with the new light we put in a while back.  I sealed the back splash and the slate came to life, it looks so awesome.  I need to find some sealer for our granite sink, as it is dull.  Still have a way to go on this first room restoration.  At this rate, we will probably be able to get the house up for sale, just before we have to go to a rest home.  LOL   The appliances are stainless & black, I will accent in red & black as well.  Haven't found anything I really like yet for accents.  It is time to get rid of all of my pre-Texas decor, which is now over 25 years old - Yikes, I am a creature of habit.
 
 


Tell me what you think about the colors! 
 
 

No comments: